5. Next we'll go on creating the wood in the fire which should be straight forward. First create like three logs (Cylinders) and place them in a triangular position like you would on a real camp fire. Have them resting on one other like in the image bellow.
6. Create a bunch more cylinders or cones and apply a noise modifier and position them like in the image bellow. When you create cones make sure that the radios of the top of the cone is smaller then the bottom one. That will make it look like branches. Your obvious intention is to create a campfire so the don't have to be neatly positioned.
7. The texture for the logs and branches will be just a simple noise texture. Values: Tiling X = 20, Color #1 = R: 33 G: 17 B: 0, Color #2 = R: 172 G: 97 B: 0. Leave the rest as is. Set the Shininess and Shin. Strength to 0.
8. Now create a few GeoSpheres no bigger then the rocks we made before. They will be like the charcoal so place them in the campfire. You might want to add a noise modifier just to make them look a bit less then perfect spheres.
9. The texture for the charcoal will be a noise texture with the values: Fractal, Color #1 = R: 255 G: 42 B: 0, Color #2 = R: 255 G: 163 B: 0. Also set the Self-Illumination to about 80.
10. For the final object create a cylinder with very little height and place it in the campfire. Make sure that if fills the entire ground in the camp fire like in the image bellow. Try to make it not go outside of the circle of rocks. This will be the ashes in fire. Apply a noise modifier.